Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 28, 2011

Man, Prospect moms LIVE in workout clothes!

Some of you may be wondering what is the motivation behind this blog. Well, what started out as a bonding experiment between two friends just looking for an excuse to spend more time together, has now become my desperate attempt to cling to my youth. ;)

While at the park with my sister (my much younger, cuter, hipper sister)one day last week she repeated a comment one of her guys friends had said. "Man, Prospect moms LIVE in workout clothes." Emphasis on the live, disgust implied in the tone. As I looked down at myself, yup, I fit that to a T. I was in one of the 4 pairs of black stretchy workout pants that I rotate between and an Old Navy tank top. Ug. I looked over at Leon (the cuter, younger Leon) and she was at the park in a flowy white blouse, ankle jeans, and some flats. I didn't know what was worse, the fact that I was no iditifiable as a Mom by my dress, or the fact that it was so unorigional that I only have 4 pairs of pants in the rotation. Now, don't get me wrong, if I had been to the gym that day and had not changed yet, or maybe even if I had run up to the park my ensemble might have been acceptable. But I had not. I had changed into that outfit as soon as I set foot home from work. Or if it was a Saturday, as soon as I changed out of pjs. Sad really.

This blog was my opportunity to step up my game. Dressing up is no longer reserved for church or Derby. I am making it a mission to quit slacking on my appeareance and give up the sweatpants. At least 3 days a week. Babysteps.

My partner in crime Whitney is always on her game! She is that girl that you see in Kroger and think to yourself either (if you are me) "Geez I really need to get out of these sweatpants." or, if you are you, "Wonder where she got that outfit?"

OK, to be fair to myself, I have NEVER worn sweats with words across the butt.

3 comments:

  1. this is too funny! I totally live in sweats at home...if I am being spit up on and wiping runny noses all day why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem for me was that I leave the house in them. All the time. Day 1 of no sweats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're definitely motivating me! I completely live in sweats in the house- i'm on the floor more than i'm in a nice comfy chair, so why not? But, yes, effort when I leave the house will go a long way to enhance the "not just a mom" feeling- great blog ladies!

    ReplyDelete