Powered By Blogger

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Robeez- Are you kidding me!?

So Will has recently been moved up to the big boy room at school. On his second day his teacher sweetly asked me if Will had any shoes. Well of course he has shoes! What kind of mother does she think I am? He just never wears them... Apparently in this class room it is strictly no shoes, no service.

I really do have tons of shoes for him. All gifts, lucky boy! By the way, I don't know why shoes are not given as gifts in adult life. I enjoy shoes. Anyway, the first day I send him in some Adidas that perfectly matched his Adidas track suit he was wearing. (Hey maybe it was not only going to be that day that he walked but he might want to dribble a soccer ball while he was up.) It was a 5 minute struggle to get them on each foot. You can imagine my dismay when over the course of our 30 second drive to school he had already removed both of them from his feet.

Long story shorter, I found a pair of Robeez in his shoe wardrobe and they worked! They stay on until I take them off! Of course, since he is not walking around in these shoes he is dragging them across the ground all day while crawling, they were completely trashed within 2 weeks.

Where does shopping come in to all this? Robeez retail for $22 online. While that would be a great deal for a pair of shoes for me, I wear mine for considerably longer than 2 weeks. I hit up The KidsStuff Consignment sale on Friday. I was a woman on a mission. I went straight to the shoe bins and grabbed all of the Robeez-like shoes I could find.


All 5 pairs for $20 total! Mission accomplished. Crawl away my young "friend".

If you have never been to a KidStuff sale it is worth it if you are looking for specific things. In the past I have scored a Baby Bjorn for $7 and an assorment of hard books dirt cheap. The sales are seasonal and in different locations throughout KYANA. If you have stuff to buy or sell I suggest signing up for their email notifications at

www.kidstuffsale.com

All of that for some freakin Robeez!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I remember you! I was the person who counted your Robeez! That was all you bought. You WERE on a mission!! Well done, you! I loved Robeez for my kids, too and we got some nice ones as gifts, as well. Then I bought more at the Kidstuff Consignment sale a couple of years ago. I am a believer is second hand clothes for kiddos, for sure!

    ReplyDelete