Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spring Trends, To Wear or Not To Wear ...

photo by style.com


anthropologie.com $38

$22.99 shopruche.com
BB Dakota dress $62
messesofdresses.com
Let's evaluate the spring trends.  Beginning with the #1 spring trend for 2011. BOLD colors.  Now i'm all in favor of adding a little color to your life.  I mean spring is the season of color!  But, if you're like me you lean on the conservative side of trends.  If you're a celebrity with a never ending bank account,  then you can afford to match a mustard top by Prada with your fuchsia shorts by Elie Tahari.  However, if you live in Louisville and you rocked that look people would think you were color blind or visiting from L.A. (no offense to my California friends).  However, I did find a few bold color dresses that I do love.  And if it's too much color for you, then opt for a bold necklace or purse to keep in with the trend.  This green strapless dress is my FAVORITE, even though the model looks miserable that she has to wear it.  This dress would be darling with a chunky necklace and gold bangles. It might actually be my Derby dress ;)
topshop.com $80
Another great dress for the season is this mustard dress from topshop.com.  I personally can't pull off this color, but if you can i say rock it!! You can steal Reese Witherspoon's style and wear red shoes with it too!
piperlime.com $78


If purple is more your style, which i love, then you should check out this dress from piperlime.com by MM Couture.
I was out shopping today and I have to say that I loved everything at one of my favorite boutiques, Collections in Westport Village.  If you are in the market for a beautiful mustard color dress, look no farther than this store.  They carry all of the top spring trends by affordable designers. If you haven't visited the store. I suggest you take a peek! I       scored two pretty cute dresses today!

No comments:

Post a Comment